A team of five educators with the UBC Therapeutics Initiative (Cait O’Sullivan, Pharma, Jim Wright, MD, PhD, FRCPC, Aaron Tejani, Pharma, Tom Perry, MD, FRCPC, David Urquhart, MD, CCFP) will be visiting the Kootenay Boundary Region in May to address several topics of interest in clinical practice from an evidence-based perspective:
- Diabetes drugs, Blood pressure targets: what we know and don’t know in 2016
- Non-opioid drugs for pain
- Bisphosphonates for primary or secondary prevention of osteoporosis
- Opiods for chronic pain: is there any relevant evidence?
- Proton pump inhibitors: how to avoid giving high dose for life
Plus workshop time to ask your questions to any of the TI Faculty.
If you are in the Kootenay Boundary Region please join us for these sessions:
- Nelson: Monday May 23, 1700-2100 Prestige Lakeside Resort. Registration
- Grand Forks: Tuesday May 24, 1700-2100 Station Pub. Registration
- Castlegar: Wednesday May 25, 1700-2100 Grand Buddha Bistro. Registration
- Rossland: Thursday May 26, 1700-2100 Prestige Mountain Resort. Registration
The sessions are delivered in collaboration with the Kootenay Boundary Division of Family Practice and have been accredited for 3 Mainpro-M1 continuing education credits. Click on Download to obtain a copy of the brochure, or click on one of the registration links above to register online or contact Anna Walker firstname.lastname@example.org – 188.8.131.5237.