Best Evidence for Clinicians: special course oriented to geriatrics and long term care – offered in collaboration with the Nanaimo Division of Family Practice
WHEN: Friday, October 20, 2017 – full day course: 0900-1545 hrs. Registration: 0830-0900 hrs.
WHERE: Coast Bastion Hotel: 11 Bastion St, Nanaimo, BC
COST: Free for all Nanaimo Division members. $150 fee will apply to non-members. Must be paid in advance. Breakfast and lunch are included.
REGISTRATION: Space is limited. RSVP to NANAIMO@DIVISIONSBC.CA by Friday, October 13, 2017 to reserve your spot.
ACCREDITATION: This course has been accredited for 6 Mainpro+ credits.
- Distinguished visiting faculty:
- Dr. Tom Finucane (geriatrics, Johns Hopkins Medical School)
- Dr. Robin McKenzie (infectious diseases, Johns Hopkins Medical School)
- Dr. Navindra Persaud (family practice, University of Toronto)
- UBC TI faculty:
- Dr. Aaron Tejani (PharmD)
- Dr. Cait O’Sullivan (PharmD)
- Dr. Tom Perry (Internal Medicine)
- Nanaimo faculty: to be determined
- Dr. Kelvin Houghton
- Dr. Diane Wallis
- Applying evidence to complex patients with multiple medical conditions
- UTI & Pain Control in the elderly
- Practical and Safe Deprescribing
- …and much more
Click here to see the brochure.