SAVE THE DATE!
Best Evidence for Clinicians: annual UBC Therapeutics Initiative course
WHEN: Saturday, October 21, 2017 – full day course 08:30 – 17:30
WHERE: Surrey Memorial Hospital in Surrey, BC
Attendees consistently rate this course very highly for both the lecture and workshop components.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Distinguished visiting faculty:
- Dr. Tom Finucane (geriatrics, Johns Hopkins Medical School)
- Dr. Robin McKenzie (infectious diseases, Johns Hopkins Medical School)
- Dr. Navindra Persaud (family practice, University of Toronto)
- UBC TI faculty:
- Aaron Tejani PharmD
- Cait O’Sullivan PharmD
- Jim Wright MD, PhD
- Tom Perry MD, PhD
- Lorri Puil MD, PhD
- Vijaya Musini MD, MSc
Topics will include:
- Update on management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Is drug treatment of dementia worthwhile?
- Do antidepressants “work” in elderly people?
- The real story of Diclectin – an example of why clinical trials should be reported accurately
- Should Canada have a national pharmacare program?
- Update in safe use of antibiotics in outpatient practice
- What do we really know about monoclonal antibodies or ezetimibe for “dyslipidemia”?
More information including a link to the registration form will be posted here soon. Please save the date and bookmark this page for ease of reference. Don’t hesitate to contact us by email if you have any questions.