What: Journal Pub – Rational Prescribing & Deprescribing
When: Tuesday May 29, 2018 – Campbell River Maritime Heritage Centre 621 Island Hwy, Campbell River, BC
What: Family Practice Rounds
When: Wednesday May 30th, 2018 – Campbell River General Hospital, Campbell River, BC
Presenters: UBC TI Education Working Group:
- Thomas L. Perry MD, FRCPC
- Aaron Tejani PharmD
- Cait O’Sullivan, PharmD, BScPh, BA, Clinical Pharmacist
- Lorri Puil, MD, PhD
Tuesday May 29th:
1815: Start Time
Brief presentations to challenge what we think we know about drug therapy:
• Inhaler combinations for COPD: what purposes, what evidence?
• What to expect from drugs for pain (tricyclics, gabapentin/pregabalin, duloxetine, venlafaxine)?
• Cyclobenzaprine and other drugs for back pain?
• Do antidepressants “work” for depression?
• Recognizing and resolving statin toxicity.
• How to think about surrogate markers when looking at evidence for drugs
• Rational Deprescribing – are you as prepared to STOP as to START drugs?
• Domperidone and its use in Canada for breast feeding augmentation
Wednesday May 30th:
Family Practice Rounds
07:30-08:30 Tom Perry MD, FRCPC and Aaron Tejani PharmD
• Do BP targets or glycemic targets in the elderly/frail/demented population make sense?
Accreditation: 3.0 MainPro Credits
Please RSVP to Janet MacDonell by Friday May 25th at 250-203-6374 or email@example.com