Therapeutics Initiative Conference: Using Evidence Practically – offered in collaboration with the Nanaimo Division of Family Practice
WHEN: Thursday, October 25 & Friday, October 26, 2018.
WHERE: Dorchester Hotel: 70 Church St, Nanaimo, BC. Breakfast and lunch are included.
ACCREDITATION: This course is in the process of accreditation for Mainpro+ credits.
- Distinguished visiting faculty:
- Dr. Dee Mangin (McMaster University)
- Prof. Kay Dickersin (Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health)
- Dr. Tino Piscione (CMPA)
- UBC TI faculty:
- Dr. Tom Perry
- Dr. Jessica Otte
- Dr. Aaron Tejani
- Dr. Cait O’Sullivan
- Local faculty:
- Dr. Kelvin Houghton
- Dr. Kehinde Oluyede
- Dr. Trish Snozyk
- Dr. Jennifer Kouwenberg
- Dr. Michelle Francis
- Dr. Dale Nicol
- Polypharmacy, de-prescribing and rational prescribing in mental health and substance use (for children, youth, adults & seniors)
- Understanding clinical trials: Unveiling the “real” evidence
- CBT for anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Mindfulness: An evidence-based approach
- Dangers of Benzos, SSRIs and anti-psychotics in children
- ADHD in Youth
- Medical legal issues related to clinical decisions diverging from clinical practice guidelines or de-prescribing
- Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) for use in pain
- Risk of dementia with anti-cholinergic drugs
- De-prescribing case studies (with patient videos)
- Optimal use of risk calculators (what determines effective and non-effective risk calculators)
- Tramadol: does it make life easier?
- De-prescribing in real time in the office setting
- How well do Shingles vaccines work?
- Successful de-prescribing in residential care
- …and much more