An interactive session where we analyze a recent study and interpret and apply the findings to a clinical case
This workshop has already taken place. Scroll down to view a video recording of the event.
- Rita McCracken, MD, CCFP
- Cait O’Sullivan, PharmD
- Jessica Otte, MD, CCFP
- Aaron M. Tejani, PharmD
DATE: Wednesday, March 10th, 2021
TIME: 12:00 – 14:00 Pacific Standard Time PST [UTC -7 convert to your local time]
WHERE: Online, via Zoom
CME CREDITS: MainPro+/MOC Section 1 credits: 2.0. You must attend the course and complete the pre-test and post-test in order to receive your certificate.
Course Description and Learning Objectives
New evidence is continually emerging and being able to assess whether a new treatment makes sense for the patient in front of you can be challenging. This CFPC accredited 2-hour online webinar uses a case-based approach to review key Critical Appraisal topics1 in a practical way. We review recent evidence about treating COPD, and attendees can expect to:
- Improve ability to define the question they wish to answer with review of evidence
- Locate the best available evidence and determine how a particular systematic review or trial applies to the case they are considering
- Describe what a reasonable estimate of benefit and harm might be for the patient they are considering
- Understand how shared decision making for this case fits in with disease specific guidelines.
- Build a library of trusted resources for ongoing use of evidence in shared decision making
Audience – Practicing Clinicians who:
- Provide advice to patients about therapeutic medications and/or
- Have intro to intermediate SKILLS and/or CONFIDENCE in interpreting evidence for a clinical setting
- May be interested in understanding how to interpret clinical evidence for shared decision making