PRESENTER: Dr. Erviti is a qualified hospital pharmacist. In 1992, he worked as an assistant professor of Pharmacology in the Public University of Navarre and earned his doctorate in 1994. From 1994 to 2003, Juan joined the National Health Service where he worked as a clinical pharmacist. In 2003 he was appointed as the Head of the Drug Information Unit in the National Health Service in Navarre, Spain. He is director of the Navarre Cochrane Associate Center, editor of the Hypertension satellite group in Spain, and member of the Cochrane Knowledge Translation Advisory Group. His research activity is focused on pharmacoepidemiology, and also Cochrane systematic reviews. He is currently working on a RIAT project (Restoring Invisible and Abandoned Trials) at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada.
DATE: Wednesday, June 16, 2021
TIME: 12:00 – 13:00 Pacific Time PST [UTC -7 convert to your local time]
CME CREDITS: MainPro+/MOC Section 1 credits: 1.0. You must register, attend the webinar and complete the evaluation in order to receive your certificate.
By the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- to clarify the concept of Restoration of Invisible and Abandoned Trials (RIAT)
- to enable attendees to initiate a Project according to the RIAT methodology
- to raise awareness about regulatory documents available and possible use
- to acquire skills on critical appraisal of clinical trials
- showcase the importance of RIAT based on the preliminary results of the restoration of the FOURIER (evolocumab) trial